If you would like to cycle to school or perhaps you already do, please take the time to read our guidance on cycle safety. All students are expected to cycle safely, wear a helmet and bring a lock to secure their bikes to the racks provided at school.
Whether you are a student, a member of staff or a visitor to Mulberry Academy Shoreditch, your safety is extremely important to us. Please cycle safe. Feel free to check out some of the links below to websites that offer safety guidance, Tower Hamlets cycle lane information and cycling courses available locally.
As a school we are keen to encourage our students to walk or cycle to school as part of a healthy lifestyle. If you choose to cycle, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- bring a lock so that you can secure your bike to the racks provided
- always wear a helmet when cycling
- never wear headphones or listen to music whilst cycling – you will not hear other, potentially dangerous road users
- lights and/or high visibility clothes are a must as it may be dark when you cycle home
- it is desirable that you have completed a cycle safety training course (see details below)
- cycle slowly and safely and use cycle lanes where possible
We have ample room for bikes both in the racks outside the main entrance and the covered area in the car park. The car park is kept locked throughout the day for added security.
Guidance, courses and websites.
Here are a few links to some useful websites regarding cycle safety and cycling in and around London.
www.towerhamletswheelers.org.uk – Good for East London. A local cycling group in the East End of London, affiliated to the London Cycling Campaign.
www.lcc.org.uk – London Cycling Campaign website. Campaigns for better cycling facilities, as well as supporting and promoting cycling to all Londoners.
www.ctc.org.uk – the UK’s National Cyclists’ Organisation. Loads of advice, including guidance on the national standards for cycle training.